Applying for Homestead Exemption

How to Apply for Homestead Exemptions

Homestead applications must be filed with the county assessor after February 1, and on or before June 30 of each year. Current homestead recipients will receive an application by mail. New applicants can get Homestead Exemption applications by contacting your county’s assessor’s office:

Douglas County – 402.444.7060 ext #4

Cass County – 402.296.9310

Dodge County – 402.727.3911

Sarpy County – 402.593.2122

Washington County – 402.426.6800

Filing Assistance by Appointment (402) 444-6617

VAS assists with Homestead Exemption filing for residents in Omaha and the surrounding area.

For assistance, please call VAS at (402) 444-6617 between 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday to schedule an appointment.

For more information on the Homestead Exemption program, go to Douglas County Homestead Exemption.

Share This